Total Pageviews

Friday 16 August 2013

Efficiency , Effectiveness and Excellence



Concept of Excellenc , Efficiency & Effectiveness:
Excellence = Effectiveness x efficiency
Efficiency is the ability to do things right and effectiveness is doing thing right or we can say choosing the right goals or targets.


To achieve excellence I should be effective as well as efficient. So, for excellence both efficiency and effectiveness are required but if I am not working effectively then however efficient I may be I will not be able to get the desired goal or output. For example- As a manager if I am producing petrol based Cars when the demand in the market is of Diesel car then however efficiently I am making the petrol cars I will not get the desired output from the market.


So what I understand is that for a manager the most important thing is to set the right target or I can say the right direction for the organisation and then when the target is set effectively than I should focus on efficiency in the work as even if I am effective and setting the right targets I will not be able to get desired output until and unless I am not working efficiently. Similarly until and unless a manager is effective he/she will not be able to get the desired output however efficient the manager may be.


One more thing that I understood is that the excellence is in something which is applicable to masses rather than a particular group or individual.


The Examples of excellence are : Apple, Google, Internet etc and the common thing in all these is that they provide services to the masses and to every individual. 


No comments:

Post a Comment